Training and supporting entrepreneurs to start and grow successful businesses.
In the next 20 years, it is estimated that over 300 million people will migrate to India’s urban areas, such as Bangalore. This migration will provide unprecedented business opportunities to Indian entrepreneurs. The BDC Bangalore exists to train, shape, and transform future business leaders to capitalize on this opportunity.
Our 14-week training program prepares entrepreneurs to identify opportunities around them and turn those opportunities into a successful business. Our training course is packed with practical, hands-on exercises and world-class instruction, so our entrepreneurs are equipped for the challenges of doing business.
And the BDC Bangalore’s involvement does not stop there! Our Alumni Program continues to provide ongoing networking opportunities and support as our graduates leave the program and start their businesses.
The mission of the BDC Bangalore is to provide:
• Excellence in Training
• Shape Entrepreneurial Success
• Transform Business Culture
Elements of the BDC
- Training: basic entrepreneurship for startups, mini-MBA for existing businesses, specialized training for growth companies. Training designed to be “just in time”—i.e., increasingly sophisticated training to meet the increasing complexity of a growing business
- Mentoring, Coaching, General Management Consulting: to nurture startups and existing companies that are re-positioning/re-purposing
- Access & Connection: network of connections to business services, such as legal, accounting, advertising & marketing, printing, IT, etc. and to government offices and gatekeepers, to the financial service industry (bankers, angel investors, private equity), and to strategic partners
- Peer Mentoring: provide various models for informal and formal groups to help individuals help their peers
- Resource Center: provide information and data on business issues, industry statistics, etc. and access to web-based tools for education and for improving business operations. Examples of tools—on-line marketplace, effective web presence, on-line social network for business owners
- Incubation: provide forum for brainstorming and refining business ideas; provide business services, such as space, accounting, payroll, marketing, for startups
Specialized and sophisticated consulting services—connect to network of experts in IT, financial instruments and transactions, HR, Marketing, manufacturing, etc
- “Doing Business In” Services: help foreign companies enter the region around the BDC